Friday, February 08, 2008

I;m on thT Latoya Luckett today

I'm Torn.

After my trip to NYC last year, I have had a strong urge to move there. I don't know what it is but it just seems like that city is calling me. I remember that after I left, I just knew that someday I would live there. Now I am at a point in my life where I know I need to move and I could actually move there. I want to move there. But then there is the other side of the issue.

I have been saying that I want to move to ATL since I was in high school. I remember saying that if I didn't make it in college that I would just move. Well, I lasted in college for about 2yrs and when I came back home, I had all the plans to move but instead got side tracked and ended up getting a job and stuff. I got stuck. Again, now I am at a point where I have got to get the hell out of Greenville and ATL is an option.

I am also thinking about the pros and the cons to each decision. NYC would be a great backdrop to any one's life. I mean, it is THE city. I think it would be a great place to pursue my writing career and finish my education. On the other hand, it is a long way from home and a long way from my support system. ATL would be something familiar and comfortable. I also promised my boy that we were gonna move together so I kinda feel obligated to make that move.

I am so Torn as to what I should do and I know this entry is rather raggedy but I am trying to write this and I keep getting interrupted by my job.

1 comment:

About Tim'm said...

don't move to NYC unless you rich. Love it there, but ain't trying to be strugglin in such a dirty, fast city, so far away from home (from the South). ATL's manageable and close. find your purpose and move to NYC once you've found your purpose and can call some big shots. that's my plan.... though I'm more likely to move back to the Bay instead of Blkyn.