Wednesday, January 23, 2008

White Women Think They Run The World

Anybody who knows me will hear me say this often and no I am not being racist because black people can't be racist. I only say it because most of the time when I have a run in with a white woman, they act as if they are entitled to things. In my line of work, I often have to tell people things that they do not want to hear. Things like, "I am sorry but that office is closed" or "I'm sorry but I can't take a message for you." What I have found is that the white woman is the one that will most likely challenge me when I say these things. She will respond to the above statements with, "But I really need to speak to them!" or "So what am I supposed to do now?" It's not so much about what they say tho, it's more of the tone they say it in. It's a tone of entitlement! It's as if they are saying, "Don't you know who I am? I am a white woman!"


Maybe I am taking it a little far but honestly, this is how I feel. It's as if all these white women have a little of that "Mrs. Milly"(color purple) in them. Their tone always makes me react. No I don't curse them out nor am I ever rude but what I do like to do is ensure that they will not get what they think they are entitled to. Sure, I could probably get somebody in that office for you if I really wanted to but why should I? Yup, I probably could take this message for you if I really really felt it was important, but I wont. You, white woman, need to feel the sting of rejection. You need to know what it feels like when things don't go your way. Everything else may go your way but I vow to make sure it won't go as smoothly when you talk to me.


1 comment:

John "JP" Pickens said...

I would go another step and say that in general, there is a certain sense of entitlement that white PEOPLE have. It's def upsetting at times. I don't understand what part of NO doesn't click with them at times.