Friday, April 07, 2006

Time to get serious.

I just haven't been feeling writing as of late. Seems like nothing is really going on or at least nothing to write about. I want to be consistent with this tho so I will force myself to put down something interesting or not.

Last night my friend Monty hung up the phone on me. We had an argument, I guess. See, I have to question weather or not it was a true argument because if it was, I was not an active participant. I know arguments! When I am in an argument, the bottom line is for me to show the other person where they are wrong and how ignorant they are for thinking that they are right. In an argument I tend to be cut throat and feelings of the opponent are not spared. I did none of this last night. In this conversation I was only trying to give my friend some helpful advice and the only reason that I assume it had to be an argument is because he hung up the phone on me. That is what people in arguments do.

It really does not matter what the argument was about because that is not what is important. The most important thing is that he hung up the phone on me. In my humble opinion, hanging up the phone while having a conversation or an argument is a immature thing. It's childish! What this action says about the person who does it is that their brain has not yet developed the skills to communicate an idea or an opinion if another party disagrees with them. This means that their skills only allow them to participate in conversation only if everyone agrees with them. That's silly!

At any rate, my friend Monty is now upset with me for trying to give him a little advice. Hopefully he will think about his actions and call me up and I will still be cool with him cause like I said, he is my boy. And even when he finally decides to call me back, I will still finish giving him the advice that I started. He needs to hear it.

No comments: