Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back at work

After a great weekend in Atlanta. Every time I go I get reassurance that I need to move there...or move somewhere. Anywhere but here! Nope, I will not make this entry about how I hate it in Greenville. I talk about that way too much so I will just chill on that.

Instead, allow me to reminisce on the little things that made my weekend a lot of fun.
-Finding $5 parking when I was expecting to pay $20.
-Sitting right across the isle from Jilly at the concert.
-Forgetting my deodorant but still having a good ass time in the hot ass club.
-Enjoying an Icee on Auburn with 50million black people around.
-Getting lost on the train but getting a glimpse at 'Soulja Girl'......i think.
-Toquitos and Vanilla/Cherry Pepsi from the QT.
-Eating that shit with someone I really care about.
-2 movies for the price of 1.
-Piedmont Park on a beautiful Sunday.
-Conversations with someone special all the way home.
And that was my weekend. Pretty much. Good Times!

in other news....I am afraid that my mom may be making a financial mistake. but at the same time, I dont know if it is my place to really discourage what she is about to do. I mean, she is a grown woman. She knows what she is doing!
So anybody that knows me knows that I don't ever make any big financial decisions on a whim. I am all about the budget and I encourage all my friends to be about it also. You wanna get a new car, do the numbers and see if what you bring in can handle another expenditure. It is amazing to me how many people don't do this. Living life unconsciously, they just spend without regard to the bigger picture.
Anyway, mom is about to move in this new apartment but I am just concerned if she will be able to handle the monthly for the apt and the money she spends out monthly for her new car. I am real scared for her but then there is a part of me that says she is a grown woman who has lived life longer than me so i assume she knows what she can and cannot handle. The reason i think i worry is because I have already had to move in with her before and take over the bill because she was about to get evicted and I am not willing to go there again. I am about to move!

No comments: