Monday, January 07, 2008

umm....this morning I woke up in like

Like can be deceiving. I mean, it's too early to be love but like will fool you and make you think that you could be headed in that direction. Like is basically the really good feelings that you get when you meet a person and you both are feeling each other and want to work toward something more. The thing about like tho is that it's so superficial. It's based on trivial things such as attractiveness or the fact that you and the other person enjoy the same soft drink. I've noticed lately that many people find themselves in like and confuse it for love. They take that good feeling that comes in the beginning and then jump head first into a relationship. I have been around long enough to understand that precaution must be taken in order not to confuse like for love. One must be patient and wait to see if like will turn to love. Often it does not.

So what's the difference between the two you ask. Well, like is when you think it's cute the way the other person snores a little when they fall asleep on your couch while love is when you been up all night listening to that muthafucker saw logs but you don't complain. Like makes you accentuate all the positive things about the person while choosing to put the bad things you notice in the back of your mind. There is nothing wrong with like tho because one must experience like before one can enter love. There has to be that initial spark in order to push you to the next level so like is cool with me! Being in like is that special time when everything that other person does moves you to sonnet. It's an endearing time where that other person can do no wrong. Alas, like is fleeting and will be gone in no time. Like must then be replaced with something. Hopefully love.

Now love is when you finally, really know the person and all the baggage and bad habits they carry but still choose to build something with them. Love is serious and intense and contrary to popular belief does not happen at first sight. That shit is like. Like comes after the first date and makes an unwise person think it's love.....but it's not. It will make this person want to move in with the other person and start a life but like will never keep it together. Like will not force you to match another episode of a 'Mythbusters' marathon but love would not allow you to do anything but.

And the reason I am writing this today.....because I find myself in like. Excited about the possibility that like will turn to love. Cautious that I am moving to fast. Scared that I have already done too much. Hopeful that this will be it. But still scarred by situations in the past. I want this to work and there is a part of me that wants to rush into it. But I must not for all of the above reasons. As I said before, like is crafty. It disguises itself as love but experience has taught me to be patient and see what happens.

No comments: