Sunday, June 06, 2010

What's been going on

So I had the surgery on Thursday morning and so far things seem to be going ok. What I was originally told was a simple sprain turned out to be so bad that the surgery lasted over 3 hrs and now I am starting to play around with the idea of maybe holding that original doctor responsible for his nonchalant diagnosis that was all wrong. We shall see.

I don't know if I really went into a lot of detail about how it took me back when Shanen suggested that he come up to help me out a few days after the surgery. I'll go into it now. First of all, I am usually the kind of person that tries to go out of my way to help other people out so it really threw me off when he just told me(not even a discussion) that he was taking vacation days to come help. That shit never happens to me. I didn't even know how to process it! All I can say is that this one gesture has solidified for me the idea that this is the person that I am supposed to be with. Looking back on the past few days, I don't know what in the hell I would have done if he had not been here. Things that I just would not have been prepared to do alone. Like, how about when I woke up in the recovery room after the surgery, my gown was GONE. What I am saying is that under those covers, I was completely naked! Just imagine if only my mom, or Julie, or my grandma had been there to help me! I was Naked!!!!!! He really came through for me and I appreciated him so much more.

And now I am sitting here in my house alone because my mom just took him back to the Bus station. I decided I needed to write something and I apologize if it's a little off because I am feeling good off that Percocet right now.

I know that the doctor sad I could not drive for 6 weeks but I am contemplating a little trip to bloom right now. I got some fresh yellow squash in the kitchen and I want to try to make some soup. Imma try and I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments: