Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yay!

So a while ago, I had this idea.

I actually sing in a group and we are right now in the process of getting money together so that we can go in the studio. There are many ways to come up with money and some of the people in the group were thinking along the lines of hotdog sales and selling candy and things like that. I am not really for all of that. Well, the idea of putting together some kind of show came into play and my gears started turning. Now, the person in the group that suggested this was talking along the lines of a simple church program. The kind where you round up a few groups and invite the people to come and then you take up an offering. I think that is ok but I was thinking a little bigger.

Let me stop right here and say that I have met a lot of people in my life and now I realize that these meeting are never coincidence. After we started talking about doing a program, I started thinking on a bigger scale. How about doing a concert! I started thinking that we could put on a concert and that would be a great way to make big money. Who would we invite? Well, just so happens that I know of of the background singers for Christopher Lewis. Who is he? You may not know him but he is a super great gospel singer but he don't have a churchy sound.....just like us! The wheels started turning and I got on it to see what I could do.

Anyway, Last night I get a call from my boy who sings with Chris. He lets me know that he talked to Chris and he would love to see what we are talking about. So excited about it in fact that he sent me an e-mail with his numbers. Wow! This stuff is really coming together. This story could be so much more detailed but I am just real excited right now.

No comments: